Friday October 13, 2023 | Trento, Farmingdale
9:00 - 9:30 am | Registration
9:30 - 9:40 am | Welcoming Remarks
9:40 - 10:30 am | Understanding GASB 96 (SBITAs) and its Relationship to GASB 87 (Leases)
Effective for fiscal years beginning after June 15, 2022, GASB 96, Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements, provides guidance on the accounting and financial reporting for subscription-based information technology arrangements (SBITAs) for government end-users. This standard applies the same philosophy as GASB 87, Leases, in that it will require a right-to-use asset and a corresponding liability to be recorded for certain IT arrangements, most commonly applicable to software licensing.
This session will explain the new standard and provide guidance for understanding how to apply the standard to your entity’s subscription-based IT arrangements. Bring your questions!
1 CPE Accounting | 1 GFI Elective Credit
Tim Doyle, CPA, Partner, Bonadio & Co., LLP
10:40 to 11:30 AM | NYS EFC - Update on Grants and Low Cost Funding Opportunities
The New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation will provide an update on the latest funding opportunities available for your entity's clean water and drinking water projects as well as current infrastructure funding options. The session will also discuss how to negotiate the sometimes complex application process for securing this funding.
1 CPE Specialized Knowledge | 1 GFI Elective Credit
Nicholas Demitraszek, Program Coodinator, NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation
11:40 am to 12:30 pm | Economic Update
Continuing concerns over additional tightening by the Federal Reserve, stubborn inflation, and questions on whether or not an economic recession is on the horizon are on the minds of economists and finance officers alike. This session will provide a snapshot on where the economy is, and factors to identify, which may provide clues on what to expect as we move through the rest of 2023.
1 CPE Advisory Services | 1 GFI Elective Credit
Vincent Reinhart, Chief Economist & Macro Strategist, Dreyfus
|12:30 - 2:00 pm | Networking Luncheon|
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
- Upon registering for this event, you agree to the below policies.
- Payment should be made in advance or brought with you to the seminar.
- Pre-registration is preferred.
- On-site registrations are accepted; however, there will be an additional fee of $10.00.
- If you need a hard copy of the registration form, please contact the office.
- CPE and GFI credit can be earned by verified attendees of the Seminar.
- Cancellation notices must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com.
- Cancellations made up to one week prior to the event, will be refunded the registration fee less an administrative fee of $15.00.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than one week before the event; the registrant is liable for the full amount of registration.
- No Shows are liable for all registration fees.
Recording & Use of Photography Policy:
- By registering for this seminar, you give NYGFOA the right to publish and distribute photos and/or videos taken of you during the program.
Personal Information Policy:
- NYGFOA may collect, store, or transmit your personal identifiable information such as name, address, contact information, preferences, demographic information, as well as any hotel or travel requests you provide us. This information is necessary for the facilitation of registration services for you. This information may be shared with other 3rd parties such as travel or lodging providers.
- If you require special accessibility or accommodations please email Mandie at firstname.lastname@example.org
1058 Broadhollow Road
Farmingdale, NY 11735