Required Course for the GFI Foundations Level Program
This program does not qualify for CPE Credit.
This two-part Workshop will provide a general introduction to governmental accounting concepts and the various types of financial reporting produced in the public sector.
This workshop will focus on:
- Basic concepts of governmental fund accounting;
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as they apply to governments;
- Non-GAAP financial reporting models including Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA) methods;
- Uniform Grant Guidance (Federal Single Audit) rules and regulations;
- The components of governmental financial statements including the government-wide financial statements, fund financial statements, and notes to the financial statements; and
- The different types of external financial reporting including the statutorily required Annual Update Document (AUD) and the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR)
- Jill Gunzel-Lemke, CPA, Managing Partner, JKL Municipal Accounting Services, LLC
- Brendan Nelson, CPA, Senior Audit Manager, R.S. Abrams & Co., LLP
- Christopher Schneider, CPA, Senior Audit Manager, R.S. Abrams & Co., LLP
All OnDemand webinars are eligible for GFI credit. After watching the OnDemand webinar, you will need to complete a quiz and return it to earn credit.
Not enrolled in the Government Finance Institute (GFI)? Click Here for more details!
On-Demand Webinar, NY