Required Course for the GFI Advanced Level Program
This program does not qualify for CPE Credit.
This workshop builds on the budgeting concepts covered in Foundations Budgeting. Topics include interactive discussions on public sector budgeting best practices.
This workshop will focus on:
- Policies that impact the public sector budget process.
- Strategies for determining the appropriate amount of unrestricted fund balance to have in the General Fund.
- Determining the proper level of working capital to have in Enterprise Funds.
- Factors to consider when setting government charges and fees for services.
- Strategies for achieving a structurally balanced budget.
- Components of effective strategic plans.
- The importance of financial planning in the budget preparation process.
- A finance officer’s role in collective bargaining negotiations.
Lisa Neary, Deputy Director of Finance, City of Batavia
James Olivo, Retired Auditor and Government Finance Consultant
No CPE / GFI Advanced Workshop Credit
All OnDemand webinars are eligible for GFI credit. After watching the OnDemand webinar, you will need to complete a quiz and return it to earn credit.
Not enrolled in the Government Finance Institute (GFI)? Click Here for more details!
On-Demand Webinar, NY