Part 1: November 9, 2023 | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (3 CPE - Specialized Knowledge)
Part 2: November 16, 2023 | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (3 CPE - Specialized Knowledge)
*Required Course for the Advanced Level GFI Program
6 CPE | Specialized Knowledge
This forum provides an overview of planning for, issuing, and keeping in compliance with current laws and regulations pertaining to public sector debt. This forum will focus on:
- The types of debt government entities can issue in New York
- The process of and the parties involved in a debt issuance transaction
- The components of a Debt Management Policy
- What debt proceeds can be used for in accordance with NYS Local Finance Law
- The fundamentals of refinancing debt; *Post debt issuance compliance requirements
- Proper accounting and financial reporting for short and long-term debt
- How financing a transaction through a debt issuance and leasing differ
Christopher Healy, CPA, CGFM, Partner, MMB & Co.
Stephanie Lom, Managing Director, Raymond James & Associates, Inc.
Jeffrey Stone, Bond Counsel, Hodgson Russ, LLP
Andrew Watkins, Financial Analyst/Municipal Advisor, Fiscal Advisors & Marketing, Inc.
Not enrolled in the Government Finance Institute (GFI) program? Click Here for more details!
- Upon registering for this event, you agree to the below policies.
- Payment should be made in advance.
- If you need a hard copy of the registration form, please contact the office.
- CPE- Only viewers of the live program can earn CPE credit.
- GFI- Credit can be earned by viewing the live or recorded version of this program.
- Cancellation notices must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com.
- Cancellations made up to one week prior to the event, will be refunded the registration fee less an administrative fee of $15.00.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than one week before the event; the registrant is liable for the full amount of registration.
- No Shows are liable for all registration fees.
Recording & Use of Photography Policy:
- By registering for this program, you give NYGFOA the right to publish and distribute photos and/or videos taken of you during the program.
Personal Information Policy:
- NYGFOA may collect, store, or transmit your personal identifiable information such as name, address, contact information, preferences, demographic information, as well as any hotel or travel requests you provide us. This information is necessary for the facilitation of registration services for you. This information may be shared with other 3rd parties such as travel or lodging providers.
- If you require special accessibility or accommodations, please email Mandie at firstname.lastname@example.org