Pre-Conference Registration Opens in November
Registration & Fees
- Registration for the Pre-Conference sessions and the Annual Conference is open to all persons interested in government finance.
- The Annual Conference and Pre-Conference are separate registrations and are accessible via the different links provided below.
- If you need a hard copy of the registration form, please contact the office.
| Annual Conference Rates
Full schedule below
|Member Rate||Non-Member Rate
|Early Bird (Ends 2/16/24)||TBA||TBA||TBA
|Regular Rate (Begins 2/17/24)||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Early Bird Pre-Conference Rates
|Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
Regular Pre-Conference Rates
|Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
CPE & GFI Credits
- Pre-Conference (Virtual and In-Person): Earn up to 26 CPE & GFI credits.
- Annual Conference: Earn up to 11 CPE & GFI credits.
- Choose between 20 different sessions on topics related to government finance with one conference registration.
- You must have your name badge scanned at the completion of the sessions to receive credit.
The Conference App will be back again in 2024. It will be accessible on smartphones as well as have a desktop feature on computers, laptops, and tablets. With it, you will be able to access your session details including PowerPoint slide decks, surveys, important information about exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, and more! You can also connect with other conference attendees, schedule meetings, and post on the internal social wall. Instructions on downloading the Conference App will be sent out in April 2024.
- In-person Pre-Conference sessions include lunch and refreshment breaks.
- Annual Conference registration includes two breakfasts (Thurs/Fri), several refreshment breaks, one lunch (Thurs), two receptions, one dinner (Thurs) and Thursday evening party/entertainment.
- Only registered attendees with name badges are permitted to participate in any of the conference activities, including sessions and meals.
- Please include your dietary restrictions in the field provided when registering for the Conference.
ANNUAL CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
(pre-conference schedule below)
|Wednesday, April 17, 2024|
|6:00 - 7:30 pm||Welcome Reception|
|Thursday, April 18, 2024|
|7:30 - 8:30 am||Breakfast|
|8:45 - 10:20 am||-Association Annual Business Meeting and Keynote Presentation (Larry Weaver - Bringing Accounting and Humor Together!)|
|10:20 - 10:40 am||Coffee Break: Meet the Exhibitors|
|10:45 - 11:30 am||TBA|
|11:45 - 12:50 pm||Lunch|
|1:00 - 1:50 pm||Concurrent Bank #1|
|- Understanding SEQRA Requirements When Bonding|
|- GASB 96: Getting Comfortable with SBITAs|
|12:45 - 2:00 pm||Concurrent Bank #1A|
|- Managing Health Care Costs Without Union Negotiation|
|2:10 - 3:00 pm||Concurrent Bank #2|
|- Grant Accounting - A Primer|
|- Cybersecurity - The Hackers Keep Coming|
|- State Retirement System Update|
|3:00 - 3:30 pm||Afternoon Ice Cream & Coffee Break: Meet the Exhibitors|
|3:30 - 4:20 pm||Concurrent Bank #3|
|-ARPA Closeout - Gear Up for 12/31/24|
|-Attracting and Retaining Public Finance Talent|
|3:30 - 4:45 pm||Concurrent Bank #3A|
|-Bond Rating Agency Update (Panel Presentation)|
|4:40 - 5:30 pm||Concurrent Bank #4|
|-Politics in Budgeting - Negotiating the Waters|
|-AI and its Future in the Public Sector|
|6:00 - 6:45 pm||Cocktail Reception Sponsored by Albany Marriott
|6:45 - 8:00 pm||Banquet Dinner and GFI Graduation Ceremony
|8:30 - 10:30 pm||Game Night: Scholarship Fundraiser (Empire Room)
|Friday, April 19, 2024|
|7:15 - 8:15 am||Breakfast|
|8:30 - 9:20 am||Concurrent Bank #5|
|-Unlocking Value from Publicly Owned Real Estate|
|-Creating a Key Performance Measurement Dashboard|
|8:00 - 9:15 am||Concurrent Bank #5A|
|-All About the New Annual Financial Report (and avoiding errors!)|
|9:40 - 10:30 am||Concurrent Bank #6|
|-Debt Disclosure Updates|
|-Bidding and Procurement Best Practices|
|9:30 - 10:45 am||Concurrent Bank #6A|
|-The Role of HSAs, FSAs, HRAs, and OPEB|
|10:30 - 11:00 am||Coffee Break: Meet the Exhibitors|
|11:00 - 12:15 pm||-Washington Update - What You Need to Know|
|12:15 pm||Conference Concludes|
|February/March 2024 (virtual)|
|Wednesday, April 18, 2024 (In-person)|